Sunday, October 21, 2012
I Surrender All
I have always loved being at church on Sunday morning. No matter what is going on, it is the easiest place for me to get my perspective right. It is the easiest place for me to focus on the Savior. I find the world and my fears are much easier to drown out. This morning the pastor's sermon was about prayer. Answered prayer. There was so much that spoke to my heart, but I was convicted again. Is it faith if I continually give my anxieties about our adoption expenses to God and then finding myself again worrying about it? I find myself understanding the father that cried out, "Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!" Today's sermon was another reminder from the Holy Spirit. As I thanked my Lord for His patience and for His constant persuit of my heart, we stood for the invitation. As the music began to play, I recognized the song immediately. I stood in my spot and let go as all around me the congregation began to sing I Surrender All. I wonder if God smiled as He watched me break down and surrender. I think He probably did. Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment