Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Call

Last night was a crazy, sleepless night. Up with one of my twin girls several times because really there is no place a coughing little girl wants to be than with her mommy. Most of the morning was a flurry of activity. The cougher would stay home and rest, but the other sweet girl slept through all of the night's activity and was excited to go to "school". And so the morning was filled with the normal morning running. As we were headed out the door, just a little bit ahead of time, my phone rang. I thought about ignoring it, but figured I should at least check to see who would be calling me at that time. As I glanced at the caller id, I saw that it was our family services coordinator for our adoption. My heart skipped a beat and all the craziness seemed to stop for just a moment. I was hoping for this call, expecting it even, but when it came I panicked a little. Not because I wasn't ready, but because I am so ready. What if this call was bad news? The best thing I can compare it to is that moment that you step into the bathroom to see if there is a positive sign on that first pregnancy test. I pushed the answer button, said hello, and then held my breath. With her first word, I exhaled. I knew that this was the call we had been hoping for. The one that would give us wonderful news. And in less than 3 weeks, we will be boarding a plane and preparing to meet our sons! When instead of dreams, I will finally feel the weight of them in these arms that literally ache. Soon, my sweet boys, you will learn what a mommy and a daddy are. You will know what love feels like. I cannot wait to discover what makes you smile and how you like to sleep.

Please pray for us. Pray for our children as they are left behind. Pray that their hearts will find peace. Pray for their mama too. I have never left my babies. I know that this is necessary and I am so very willing, but it is not going to be easy. Pray for every part of the process from here forward. This is where we step from hard but familiar to completely uncertain and unstable. There are so many things that could go wrong from here forward. We need to cover this thing in prayer! God will write this story, we trust that He will work it all for His glory.

If you would like to donate to help us meet the financial needs of this adoption, please do. All donations given from the donate button on the right side of the post. We are SO close to meeting our goal. We have been so blessed by all of the support that we have received. Every dollar gets us closer to a ransom.

No comments:

Post a Comment