Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas



As we celebrate our Christmas Eve and ready things for morning, I cannot help but think of our Tobi tonight. A lot. We sat behind a family with a baby boy that looked about Tobi's age and as everyone sang Christmas carols, it was all I could do to hold myself together. I looked at that sweet baby boy and wondered if anyone will hold our boy tomorrow. Will someone whisper in his ear, tell him that he is loved? Sadly, I think he will probably lay in the same crib as every other day. It is so hard to be happy knowing that he is spending his first Christmas alone. I am so thankful that we found him while he is so young. So many others have spent many Christmas' alone. My heart hurts for them. I am thankful that this time next year our Tobi will be home. He will be getting matching jammies and there will be another candle on Jesus' birthday cake. His stocking will hang with the others and there will be a few more gifts under our tree. Better yet, there will be a little boy in my arms to keep quiet in the Christmas Eve service. As you celebrate this joyous season surrounded by friends and loved ones, would you do me a favor? Will you think of our Tobi and the many other children all alone and say a prayer for them?

1 comment:

  1. Prayers for all God's children who are not "home." Blessings

    ReplyDelete