Monday, January 14, 2013

We Are Official

Today an amazing thing happened! A thing that seemed so impossible when we opened the email on October 18th with a list of documents that we would need to complete our dossier (our paperwork for Tobi's country). I cried, closed the computer, and ignored it for at least 24 hours. Everyone of those hours, asking God if He was sure this is what He wanted. It seemed so overwhelming. Today, just 3 months later, our dossier was officially preregistered to be submitted next week! Wow!!!! It seems almost impossible. Isn't that how God works, though?!!! Here we are, beginning to plan our trip and getting our home ready for our new sons to come to! I am not going to lie, this next part of our journey terrifies me. I am so thankful that God has allowed me to see Him working on every piece of this puzzle so far. It is so much easier to take the next step, knowing that He is active in this thing. I am not expecting an easy journey from here, in fact I am pretty sure it is going to be incredibly hard. But I know that God will be there, every single step of the way. We will do what He has called us to do. We will do it with joy, knowing that at the end of this journey, we will not only have 2 beautiful new sons, but we will be closer to our God. Many people have told us how great and strong we must be to do what we are doing. No, we are not. Not even close. But our God is! And so, we cling to Him, and we follow Him. I am over the moon excited to bring our boys home! I am even more excited to know God in a way that we never have before.

No comments:

Post a Comment